After years and years of service, Balatongyörök priest Zoltán Jüngling moved into his new, neo-classicist style residence in the autumn of 1925, eventually – after almost thirty years – leaving the building to the township. The house was soon turned into an ÁFÉSZ office, whose employees vacated the premises after the change of regime.

By the turn of the millennium, the villa had become seriously neglected, posing a safety hazard, but the efforts of Györök’s residents saved it from total destruction. The old, ruinous parsonage was pulled down, and rebuilt based on the original plans, opening again in 2008 as a community space and Tourinform office.

Related content

Admin mode