Budapest

Balatonszemes’ marina opened in 1912, the same year as Hunyady József Boat Stop. Up until the last renovation, the public transport section had been located on the right side, while the concrete piers for private boats used to be on the left side, which is more suitable for shielding against bigger waves.

The protection the marina can offer has been significantly reduced by the change of layout, but that doesn’t change the fact that this is one of the best equipped marinas around Balaton: 24-hour harbor master service, guarded storage space for ships during the wintertime, free parking at a fenced parking lot and two cranes make life for sailors much more convenient.

Related content