Technically located in Révfölüp, the church ruins of Ecsérpuszta actually belong to Kővágóörs.
The church was erected in the 12th-13th centuries, presumably on some existing Roman ruins. In 1548 a band of Turks set the building as well as the entire village on fire, which led to the eventual deterioration of the abandonedchapel. The locals also played an integral role in the building’s decay, taking the stones away over the following centuries.
All that is left is a buttress and a couple of Romanesque arches, but the overall composition of the vine-covered walls is quite romantic.